Richard & Helen
|Liberty Science Center; October 22, 2013|
Anmarie Guerrero (12), Taine Tenezaca (12), Daniel Vega (11), Jordan Abad (9), Mark Burks (9), Carlos Flores (9), Sienna Karimi (9), Cynthia Tavares (9), Sebastian Hazoury (8), Luke Wortman (8), Usman Tanveer (8), Raheem Traille (8), Siarra Dominguez (7), Manuel Chalen (7)
Goals and Objectives._
The students will be able to:
- Experience scale of actual structures. Feel vibrations and other structural phenomena.
- Experience stability concerns for buildings.
- Apply the observed properties to the design of a structure.
- Identify structural components that make the aircraft carrier strong.
- Identify components of balance in an aircraft.
- Build a structure from non-standard materials in order to observe areas of strength and weaknesses
Day 1- BROOKLYN BRIDGE
|Monday, October 21, 2013||BROOKLYN BRIDGE
|Tuesday, October 22, 2013||THE LIBERTY SCIENCE CENTER
|Wednesday, October 23, 2013||Building Paper Bridges
|Thursday, October 24, 2013||THE INTREPID AIR & SPACE MUSEUM
|Friday, October 25, 2013||Building Dome Ceilings